thelab is looking for a Senior Copywriter to join the team for our new Qdoba clients. The ideal applicant is an innately curious copy nerd, a proactive sleeve-roller-upper, resilient when faced with change, and passionate about the work (and potentially burritos).
Who we’re looking for:
- You’re the first person the CD turns to in a brainstorm or to lead copy for critical projects and new business pitches.
- When it comes to social media you are fluent and prolific--organic and paid, concept and execution.
- You actively and enthusiastically mentor more junior creatives, particularly copywriters, providing opportunities for learning and growth.
- You’re current with, and ahead of, current cultural, creative, and industry trends.
- You can juggle multiple projects at once while maintaining the highest creative standards.
- You strategize with internal team members to anticipate problems, analyze solutions, identify alternatives, and suggest recommendations
- You collaborate with other departments, account management, strategy, and clients to ensure extraordinary work.
- You delegate and share tasks/responsibilities to improve project output.
- You lead by example, providing solutions, and giving/receiving constructive feedback with grace.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the level of knowledge, skill, and ability we’re looking for.
- 4+ years in advertising copywriting (or equivalent quality of creative work)
- Strong strategic and conceptual skills
- Excellent personal creative portfolio
- Work spanning branding and cross-channel ad campaigns, with depth in digital and experience on shoots
Ideal but not required - experience with QSR, Food, etc. clients. Helps if you like burritos :)
The above job description isn’t an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. You’ve been in this industry a while, and you know that we all wear many hats, sometimes all at the same time. While juggling and spinning plates. In fact, it’s probably one of the things you love most about your job.