We are an agency of makers with deep expertise in solving creative, production, and technology challenges. Our focus is on making better work, to help brands work better. We partner directly with clients to think big, build from scratch, and design for reality. From branding & design to e-commerce builds or anything in between, thelab mixes inspiration and hard work to produce results that mean
Obsessed with good quality design. Not just graphic design but, interior design, architecture, fashion, craft beer cans, and everything in between. The world around you influences you with every step. You can’t walk down the street without an inner-monologue critiquing every sign and storefront you see. Despite your obsession, you recognize that a true master never stops learning. You have absolutely no ego. Most of all, you love the pursuit of “never-achieved perfection” in your own work and enjoy making each and every new project an opportunity to outdo yourself.
- When it comes to design, you notice the details. Like, ALL the details. You are insanely meticulous!
- You’re current with, and ahead of, current cultural, creative, social media and industry trends.
- You are intimately familiar with all things social. This is a huge part of what we do. You know the best-of-the-best practices of both the organic and paid offerings of all the major platforms.
- You don’t have to be an expert in every single thing but, you’re comfortable running projects as a team leader in the strategic, conceptual, and developmental phases of digital, print, video, web, and multimedia creative.
- Whether it’s designing a responsive site or leveraging the latest ad formats Facebook is offering, you have a strong understanding of social platforms, current technologies, and how to get the best results for your efforts.
- You have plenty of on-set shoot experience. You love making storyboards, moodboards, and decks for prop stylists. All to make sure you get every single “nice-to-have” shot on your shotlist.
- You can juggle multiple projects and you take responsibility for every piece of creative that your team touches
Client relationships and presentations
- You’re an energetic, organized, passionate presenter who can “read a room.”
- You know the presentation deck is just as important as the creative itself and you constantly work at figuring out how to make more concise and effective decks.
- You position yourself as a trusted source and make sure the clients know that you understand their business, brand, products, customers, and competitors.
- You strategize with internal team members to anticipate problems, analyze solutions, identify alternatives, and suggest recommendations.
- You identify each team member’s skills to delegate and share tasks and responsibilities to improve project output.
- You know how to partner and direct copywriters to make visually compelling AND informative stories.
- You demonstrate mature leadership and empathy in difficult team situations, leading by example, providing solutions, and giving/receiving constructive feedback with grace.
Thrilled to have you on the team, and excited to nurture and grow your skills. We all love what we do at thelab—we pride ourselves on craftsmanship, thoughtfulness, and flexibility. We’re inherently curious. We’re scrappy problem solvers. We revel in unexpected solutions. Most of all, we’ll care about you, the work you do here, and the career we’ll help you grow.
- 8+ years in marketing/advertising design (or equivalent quality of creative work)
- 2+ years in a senior creative role with creative management experience
- Strong strategic and conceptual skills
- Excellent personal creative portfolio
- Expert at Photoshop and all manners of digital design
- Strong web UX proficiency
- Proficient understanding of photo shoots, motion design, video editing, and best practices held within those disciplines
- Work spanning branding, cross-channel ad campaigns, with depth in digital executions including social, video, banners, and websites
- Excellent teamwork, mentoring, presentation, and client services skills
- Bonus: Would be amazing if you're good at After Effects, Sketch, and photo retouching
- A love affair with design: We’re looking for someone who is just as obsessed as we are about beautiful typography, photography, and layout.
- Conceptual thinking: All ideas welcome. We want you to dream it up and get it made. We’re talking about everything from social-focused campaigns to TV spots.
- Grace after the 10th round: Some clients are easier than others. A big part of this job is being okay with client feedback and revisions.
Supervisory Responsibilities: You’ll be doing all of the people-wrangling things—interviewing, coaching, training, planning, assigning, delegating, encouraging, problem-solving, high-fiving, and managing —within in the context of thelab’s people-first culture, policies, procedures, and of course, applicable laws.
The above job description isn’t an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. You’ve been in this industry a while, and you know that we all wear many hats, sometimes all at the same time. While juggling and spinning plates. In fact, it’s probably one of the things you love most about your job.