thelab is looking for a Studio Copy Lead to join the team. The ideal applicant is a self starting, scrappy writer who sees the value in bringing creative expertise to high volume content production. You’re an innately curious copy nerd, a proactive hand-raiser, and resilient when faced with change—and you thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Who we’re looking for:
- You can parse a client brief and identify fruitful, strategic ways forward.
- You pick up brand voice quickly, and can execute it in campaigns that include social, banners, emails, landing pages, OLA, print and video.
- You have a strong background in copy optimization and SEO.
- You are efficient, detail-oriented, and when you deliver a copy deck it’s as tight as a drum.
- You actively and enthusiastically mentor more junior creatives and build trusted working relationships across capabilities.
- You take responsibility for every piece of creative that you touch, owning projects from briefing to delivery.
- You can juggle multiple projects at once while maintaining the highest creative standards.
Client relationships and presentations
- You’re an energetic, organized, passionate presenter who can “read a room”.
- You explore and understand the client's business, brand, products, customers, and competitors.
- Clients consider you a trusted contributor and expert in your craft.
- You strategize with internal team members to anticipate problems, analyze solutions, identify alternatives, and suggest recommendations.
- You collaborate with your team, other departments, account management, strategy, and clients to ensure extraordinary work.
- You demonstrate leadership and empathy in difficult team situations, leading by example, seeking solutions, giving/receiving constructive feedback with grace, and managing up as needed.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the level of knowledge, skill, and ability we’re looking for.
- 5+ years in digital copywriting (or equivalent quality of creative work)
- Demonstrated aptitude for leadership
- Strong strategic and organizational skills
- Excellent personal creative portfolio
- Excellent teamwork, presentation, and client services skills
The above job description isn’t an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. You’ve been in this industry a while, and you know that we all wear many hats, sometimes all at the same time. While juggling and spinning plates. In fact, it’s probably one of the things you love most about your job.