● You’re a bold, conceptual thinker, storyteller, hole-poker, and what-iffer.
● You develop copy that nails the brief and brand voice ad campaigns across media including video, social,
radio, email, site, OLA, print, (and anything else we can cook up together).
● When you deliver a copy deck it’s tight as a drum.
● You know your way around a brand book and have maybe even written one.
● You’re the first person the CD turns to in a brainstorm, or to lead copy for key projects and new business
● When it comes to social media you are fluent and prolific-organic and paid, concept and execution.
● You actively and enthusiastically mentor more junior copywriters and build trusted working relationships
● You take responsibility for every piece of creative that you touch, owning projects from concept to delivery.
● You’re current with, and ahead of, current cultural, creative, and industry trends.
● You can juggle multiple projects at once while maintaining the highest creative standards.
Client relationships and presentations
● You’re an energetic, organized, passionate presenter who can “read a room”.
● You explore and understand the client's business, brand, products, customers, and competitors.
● Clients consider you a trusted contributor and expert in your craft.
● You strategize with internal team members to anticipate problems, analyze solutions, identify alternatives,
and suggest recommendations.
● You collaborate with your team, other departments, account management, strategy, and clients to ensure
● You demonstrate leadership and empathy in difficult team situations, leading by example, seeking solutions,
giving/receiving constructive feedback with grace, and managing up as needed.
● You have a masterful ability to leverage and optimize relevant resources and ensure that projects stay on
task & on brief
● You bring remarkable leadership in bringing to life the concept, design, and execution of groundbreaking
visual solutions for integrated, cross-channel initiatives.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below represent the level of knowledge, skill, and ability we’re looking for.
● 5+ years in advertising copywriting (or equivalent quality of creative work)
● Demonstrated aptitude for leadership
● Strong strategic and conceptual skills
● Excellent personal creative portfolio● Work spanning branding and cross-channel ad campaigns, with depth in digital
● Excellent teamwork, presentation, and client services skills
You’ll also be doing people-wrangling things from time to time—interviewing,
coaching, training, planning, assigning, delegating, encouraging, problem-solving, high-fiving, and managing
up—within in the context of thelab’s people-first culture, policies, procedures, and of course, applicable laws.
Your application was submitted successfully.