thelab is looking for a Senior Copywriter to join the team. The ideal applicant is an innately curious copy nerd, a proactive hand-raiser, resilient when faced with change, and passionate about delivering big, brave ideas that deliver results.
Who we’re looking for:
- You’re a bold, conceptual thinker, storyteller, hole-poker, and what-iffer.
- You develop copy that nails the brief and brand voice in both branding projects and ad campaigns across media including video, social, radio, email, site, OLA, print, (and anything else we can cook up together).
- When you deliver a copy deck it’s tight as a drum.
- You’re the first person the CD turns to in a brainstorm, or to lead copy for key projects and new business pitches.
- When it comes to social media you are fluent and prolific--organic and paid, concept and execution.
- You actively and enthusiastically mentor more junior copywriters and build trusted working relationships across capabilities.
- You take responsibility for every piece of creative that you touch, owning projects from concept to delivery.
- You’re current with, and ahead of, current cultural, creative, and industry trends.
- You can juggle multiple projects at once while maintaining the highest creative standards.
Client relationships and presentations
- You’re an energetic, organized, passionate presenter who can “read a room”.
- You explore and understand the client's business, brand, products, customers, and competitors.
- Clients consider you a trusted contributor and expert in your craft.
- You strategize with internal team members to anticipate problems, analyze solutions, identify alternatives, and suggest recommendations.
- You collaborate with your team, other departments, account management, strategy, and clients to ensure extraordinary work.
- You demonstrate leadership and empathy in difficult team situations, leading by example, seeking solutions, giving/receiving constructive feedback with grace, and managing up as needed.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the level of knowledge, skill, and ability we’re looking for.
- 5+ years in advertising copywriting (or equivalent quality of creative work)
- Demonstrated aptitude for leadership
- Strong strategic and conceptual skills
- Excellent personal creative portfolio
- Work spanning branding and cross-channel ad campaigns, with depth in digital
- Excellent teamwork, presentation, and client services skills
Supervisory Responsibilities: You’ll be doing a lot of people-wrangling things—interviewing, coaching, training, planning, assigning, delegating, encouraging, problem-solving, high-fiving, and managing up—within in the context of thelab’s people-first culture, policies, procedures, and of course, applicable laws.
The above job description isn’t an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. You’ve been in this industry a while, and you know that we all wear many hats, sometimes all at the same time. While juggling and spinning plates. In fact, it’s probably one of the things you love most about your job.